Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Babypeas in the USA!
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Completely Off Topic     
babypeas
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:17 am Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm very excited!, my partner and two of his friends are planning 6 month round the world trip starting 1st September this year. They are going on their BMW motorcycles and after doing some other countries will be flying the bikes into LA and then riding all the way across to Florida!

I cant remember at the moment all the states they are hoping to ride through but I will be coming out to visit with them so if anyone is on the route I can visit YOU TOO!!!!

hee hee dont worry I wont show up on your doorsteps! But if anyone has any advice on riding a motorcycle out there or if you know of any problems crossing state borders I would really appreciate any info or advce.

xxx

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:41 am Reply with quote

babypeas,, Sounds like a great trip,, In most all of the states you just drive across the state line and most of the time you dont even know when it happens untill a sign tells you your in another state. If you come East on interstate 44 through Springfield Mo. your welcome to stop in if I am home. I am only about 25 minutes south of 44..
good luck and have fun... George Connerhillsfarm.....
Grandmapeacock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:12 am Reply with quote

Hi, babypeas! Hope they/you have a great trip! Sounds exciting! Hubby and I live in Ohio, just NW of the I-75 and I-70 interchange. You are all welcome to visit! We have a big house, with two extra bedrooms, and we'd love to put you up for a night. We ride a Honda Goldwing 1500, and love it! Don't have the chance to ride as often as we'd like, as the peas keep up busy. We live on a farm, have feeder calves, peafowl, three big dogs, and numerous barn cats. Let us know if you'd like to stop. We'd love the company!
Although, riding a motorcycle through the Midwest (our area) during Winter can be daunting, if not impossible. Hope they do the other countries first, then the US, unless they take the southern route from LA. Have a great time!!!!![/img]
babypeas
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quote

Hi Grandmapeacock,

Thanks very much for your kind offer I'm sure they would love to stop with you, my geography is useless though so I have no idea if they are coming anywhere near??

The website if anyone is interested is www.east-to-west.org Its quite interesting to see their route and their diary and I'm on there too as I just visited them in Romania!!!
If you feel like leaving a comment just mention you are from the peacock forum or steve will be wondering!!

They are getting to the states in January and going from La to florida straight across but I think keeping south for the weather.

Lots of love xxx

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote

Howdy Babypeas,
The only thing I know of, different states requires helmets, and other do not, as a firefighter please wear yours at all times.
Donn
babypeas
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I have been very slack at visiting lately but My other halfs world trip is in full swing and I have been busy helping and visiting! I have just come back from 3 weeks in Vietnam and Cambodia and Steve this moring touched down in LA!!!! He's with you all!!!

He has asked me to look into what he should be seeing and doing while passing through each state on his motorcycle - you know like what not to miss - and I thought I know just the people to ask!!!

So people what should I tell him? He is waiting for the bikes to clear customs at the moment then he plans to go to Vegas and Orange County (to pop in on OC choppers!) then he will head south and go through all the states across to Florida.

I want to join him at some point to visit a ranch where we can get really involved and do some cattle driving if possible and I'd also like to visit him for another couple of days and hire a PINK convertable caddilac!!!!

I'd really love to hear any thhoughts or suggestions

xxx

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quote

Howdy Babypeas,
If you are coming across Colorado, you and friends are more than welcome to stop and visit. We do live up 10 miles of bad dirt road but the view is great. We live in Northern Colorado, between Fort Collins and Laramie, Wyoming. It isn't a "dude Ranch" but we have horses and other livestock. Please let us know when you would be around because we both work and there are days we both are not home.
Sincerely,
Donn & Georgia Maynard
Peak 2 Peak Ranch
Livermore, Colorado
970-484-9442
babypeas
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:28 am Reply with quote

Hi Donn and Georgia,

Thanks SO much for your kind invitation I am really touched and would absolutely LOVE to visit, I will have to check the route plan and see where you are but I know they are intending to stay as south as possible to try and get some warm weather so I'm not sure if you will be on that route?

xxx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote

If you guys are passing thru Louisiana stop on by in good Ole New Orleans for a good time and step back into the past. If you have never been you should defintly stop by and have some gumbo, beignets and all that jazz! Cool

Photobucket
babypeas
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Hi Andyluvsnola!

Thanks very much for your invit but I didnt understand any of the last bit of your message! Whats 'gumbo, beignets and all that jazz'???

xxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:47 am Reply with quote

Gumbo would be a soup or stew that orginated in louisiana, beignets are basically friend biscuits with powdered sugar on top of them and JAZZ is the best music in the world. Very Happy Its the Louisiana trademark!

Photobucket
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Completely Off Topic