Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Broody guinea fowl hen gone overnight
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Other poultry     
Jan MO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quote

I have guineas and pea fowl free roaming. For the last two nights one guinea hen stayed away and then showed up in the morning. I searched all over and couldn't find her, but she probably has been laying eggs in the woods somewhere and is now broody and sitting on the nest. If I can't find her nest, she'll likely stay on it and will be killed by a predator. Since it's only been two night that she's not come home, do you think the eggs are still just eggs, and I can pen her up until she gets over being broody? And how long would that take? Thanks! Jan
burdgurl
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean about if the eggs are still just eggs but I THINK you mean have the embryos started to develop ? Answer to that ( if she's been setting on them for two days) is yes.
If you find her and can pen her up, move the eggs with her-maybe she'll set on them where you move her to. Hope she's allright !!
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Other poultry