Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  egg laying
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Other poultry     
helen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:04 am Reply with quote

Hi, i have had my two chicken hens for almost a year now. Mainly they just go into their box and lay their eggs with no trouble, but sometimes, like at the moment, it seems to take forever and they cluck and call very loudly. It is very distressing, it sounds like they are in pain laying the eggs - can that be true? and if so is there anything i can do to help? thank you
helen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote

I just called the guy that sold me the chickens - he said they were just celebrating because they had layed an egg and it was spring Confused That sounds the strangest celebration of spring i have ever heard Laughing What do you all think Question
newbemj

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quote

I have many different chickens. Sometimes one is really loud and all of a sudden the whole bunch are celebrating. It is pretty noisy. I call it an egg announcement. My friend just laughs. One day he heard it and said egg announcement when they did it. Don't worry they are fine.MJ
Sonoita
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:33 am Reply with quote

Laughing My hens celebrate, then everyone else joins in and it's quite a rucus Wink The danger calls are different.

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Other poultry