Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Venus and Milo help in the garden
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS     
babypeas
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:50 am Reply with quote

Here's some autumny pictures I took yesterday

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc29/upaforum/peasoct009.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc29/upaforum/peasoct007.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc29/upaforum/peasoct006.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc29/upaforum/peasoct004.jpg

xxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote

LOL, that last one is tooooo cute!! I wish I could let some of mine roam free but where we are located it just isn't a good idea (#1 reason we are surrounded by a cow pasture on all sides but the front). Hopefully we will be moving next year and I can let a couple, at least, run loose but not sure just yet. They look good!!
Yahoo Messenger
babypeas
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quote

Hi Dustyrosefarm

Mine arent free I just take them for a little walk in the morning between night time pen and day time one! I would like to free range them when they are fully grown if we can maybe get the fox numbers down a bit!

Why is the cow pasture not a good idea?

xxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quote

I couldn't get mine to walk with me if I had a garden full of stuff in my hands!!! LOL I would be afraid of the cows that are out there and how they would react. They taunt my dogs when they are out there and one step could be devistating........just don't want to chance it. And I could only imagine what they would smell like when coming home ewwwww.
Yahoo Messenger
Washy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote

I know that smell !!! Dustyrosefarms.......I am surrounded by almost free roaming cattle on all sides, although at least 100 yards away, and one of my dogs, before she was sterilised would go off for hours and roll in the stuff, we had to hose her down before letting her in.

My peas have seen the cows quite close to the end of their pen and apart from jumping on the bench and stretching their already long necks to see what they were, but apart from that they do not seem to bothered. I hope there will be no problem with the cows when I free range my peas next year.

I think the peas could be quite superior to the cows as I the best tree for them to roost in, an old walnut, is right by the fence overlooking the cows. I will be more afraid of the hunters from August to January.

Washy

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:00 am Reply with quote

I grew up on a farm with cows and I was so used to the smell I couldnt notice it and when my friends came to play they used to moan and say it stunk and I never knew what they were talking about!

We have horses and I worry a bit about the peas with them, I just hope once they are bigger the horses will be more aware of them, my horse is really gentle but the other two aren't so much.

xxx

UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:21 pm Reply with quote

breetlee6666 wrote:
Here is a couple of pictures of some peachicks we hatch out.The first is a peach silver pied, peach pied and a peach dark pied they are a month old the second picture is a loud pied spalding

=====================================
WHERE ARE THOSE PICTURES Question computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS