Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  How many peafowl do you have?
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3    

How many peafowl do you have?
Less than 5
33%
 33%  [ 39 ]
5-10
21%
 21%  [ 25 ]
11-20
13%
 13%  [ 16 ]
21-50
13%
 13%  [ 16 ]
51-100
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Over 100
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 115

featherhead
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Ooooh, I'm excited. I'm going to get our third Charcoal hen. Can't wait to see her. This will put us at 10 birds total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:51 am Reply with quote

featherhead wrote:
Some people have a pair, some people have several, and some have hundreds of peafowl. For the website and UPA to serve its membership better, knowing how many birds you have could be very important. Because we care for our birds a little differently depending on the sheer number, would you consider taking the poll below to let us know how many peafowl you keep? This would help the UPA tailor information, news and articles to the needs of its supporters.

I have between 60 & 70 head of peafowl. Can't have more till I get more pens built.
bdfive

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:50 am Reply with quote

Thought I'd answer the poll regarding how many peafowl I have but don't know if I'm doing this right. Haven't been on the site much since I joined so don't know my way around. Shame on me.

I have 12 peafowl. A mature IB peacock came with the property. I bought him 3 peahens and intended to get no more. Hmmmmmmm, what happened, LOL!!!

bdfive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:59 am Reply with quote

I currently own a pair of blackshoulder peafowl, One Java Green in which I can't determine the sex of yet but I wanna say he's male and I wanna say the white one i have is gonna be a peacock but again its still to early to tell. I'm looking around to find more java's, if anyone knows of anyone let me know. andyluvsnola@rocketmail.com

Photobucket
featherhead
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:39 am Reply with quote

Hi Andy, and welcome. You should be able to find more Javas by checking the UPA members directory. Click on a state and browse for the color(s) you want. Let us know what you get, okay?
http://peafowl.org/breeders.htm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Featherhead, the birds i have now i have purchased from Ron and Jeannie Guitreau out of Gonzales, La. She has very beautiful birds. Unfortunly she only had one Java for sale. I plan to buy more birds from them in the near future. Thanks @ndy

Photobucket
RunDanRun
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote

I have about 20 to 25 peafowl ranging in ages from 6 months to 5 years old and six or seven varieties.
animallover516

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:37 am Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad i don't have one for the following reasons: i love peafowl but i am too young too have one Crying or Very sad , i live in an urban city Shocked which is also ghetto Shocked and i want to learn first to get a picture of what i'm dealing with! Very Happy Razz Rolling Eyes

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:17 am Reply with quote

. . . for Animallover516,

Peafowl are not good urban birds. In the spring, they can get quite loud (mating season). Also, when they hear an unexpected noise (anytime of the year), they call as well. It's not a chirp or a tweet or even a crow -- this piercing call can carry for a half-mile or more . . . they're frequently referred to as good "watch dog" birds as anything new, they start calling. Fine for when you DO have an intruder, but not so good when you open the door, close the door, have a friend walk by, a car drive by, etc. They're beautiful birds and they can be trained, but they're definitely a bird you want to keep outdoors (not a house pet) and not in a crowded urban setting....
animallover516

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quote

i live on a corner on the most buisyest street(chicago rd.) Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote

I may as well jump in! I have four young peachicks which all appear to be males -- IB split to white-- no more room right now for any more but maybe next spring after I get these settled into their new & larger permanent pen I will be looking for mates for them.
missevie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:36 pm Reply with quote

I have 6. A male green, female green split pied, male silver pied, male bronze (yearling), and two blue yearlings. I think the one is a male, so I will free range him to keep the males even. Looking for 2 more females though. I want a silver pied female and maybe a purple.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quote

I only have 4 so far, but I doubt that will last long, lol. Hoping for fertile eggs this coming summer

My first 2 were a couple of 2011 IB Peahens that I got when they were 2 days old, my 3rd is a very handsome 2009 IB Peacock, 4th is a feral IB Peahen that maybe has a splash of Spalding in her somewhere, unknown age... but she laid last season (without a mate), so I'm crossing my fingers she will accept my pretty boy and lay fertile eggs for me!

I want some Pieds and Whites in the near future in a bad way!
Kalahari Desert Rose

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote

Right now I have 7 IB peafowl, but will probably sell 1-2 of the chicks when they get older.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote

I have 6 birds 2 male, 2 female blue, and a pair of purple.

Hoping to have babies next spring Laughing
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3