Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  wild bird listing
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Completely Off Topic     
TriageRN_37

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote

Hope this is okay to post...

I was reading a newspaper article today saved by a friend (everyone knows I love birds) and it was a nice information piece on local birds in my area, and which ones populations are declining in being seen. I wanted to add my viewed birds, and they gave a international link! I just put the birds I have seen, and birds I saw today on it...neat stuff for birders (if you are into wild bird watching).

It is www.ebirds.org and you can really specify your location and such. It lists your local birds dependant on your info, but you need to know your wild birds or have a reference so you know which ones...done by common name! Fun stuff actually!
And it helps local areas pin point areas of bird increase or decline! That is a win win and fun way to help our wild birdies out! Well...I think so anyway...LOL!

Hope someone finds this fun and informative...You don't have to be a wild bird scientist..LOL, just have a refference guide on birds if you don't know which one...it has a feature to add more info if you want, like the sex and if they are a youngin or adult and comment section. I know enough to put age/sex and I used the comment area to mark which area of the yard they are visiting (typically by feeders and what is in those feeders).
Jeanna
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quote

Hi,

Welcome, and thanks for the post regarding wild birds.
Always wanting to learn new things about them, they are fascinating!

~Jeanna~
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Completely Off Topic