Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Best book recommendations on rearing peafowl
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion     
burdgurl
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I posted this on the old forum during the address change so will try it here.
I used to have a great book or raising peafowl but cannot locate it anywhere.
I think the name of it was the Wacky World of Peafowl.
Any suggestions on what books you guys like for all around info. per raising these wonderful birds? Everything from pen building to medication info. etc. is what I'm looking for, peafowl husbandry I suppose.
suzy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:41 pm Reply with quote

That is about the only book I can find! ebay, amazon, just google it, I haven't got any books yet as I like to check them out bfore I buy them but this site and google have been a tremendous help, there doesn't seem to be very many books specifically on peafowl but I notice most pheasant books will have a chapter or two. Suzy
bcraft

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:50 am Reply with quote

Not a book, but for the most information. Go to UPA.org click on breeders list many great sites. also lots of infor. on the UPA site. info. on incubating,pen building, rearing chicks

UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:43 am Reply with quote

The issues of Peafowl Today are packed with articles covering all facets of raising peas. You might contact the magazine editor to check into back issues. For future members, it might be nice to assemble packets of yearly issues for people to buy. I bought a lot of old issues at one of the conventions and they have served me well!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Go to www.peafowl.com They are the one that wrote The Wacky World of Peafowl. There are 2 volumes of the book plus a DVD and a newsletter. I bought the DVD. It's homemade. I really didn't learn anything from it that I hadn't already learned from this forum, but you do get to actually "see" things that you don't get from a forum. I don't want to turn anyone off from buying the DVD, this is just my personal opinion and someone else might get more out of than me. There's not much info out there and I'm glad to see someone at least tried to get it out there for us. I can't thank everyone here for all the help they've given me Very Happy

Cindy
helen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quote

Hi, i am new to peafowl and couldn't have managed without this forum. In addition i have a very comprehensive book called: Peafowl: their conservation breeding and management - T.P. Gardiner 1996 - amazon or ebay are probably your best bets for a copy.
burdgurl
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quote

Thanks to you all !
Helen, am trying to find that book but no luck yet-will keep at it.
This site has some great info. but I like to have a desk reference, if you will .
featherhead, I don't subscribe to Peafowl today but will look into that for sure also.

Thanks again !
helen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Hi, i had a look for you over here in the uk. The book i was taklking about is currently on ebay in the uk : 120288189275 - they said they will ship to the States. Also i noticed one in the States that may help you : 320279000261. hope this helps
burdgurl
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Thanks so much Helen, off to ebay I goooo !
burdgurl
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote

Oh Helen,

The one in the U.S. is the one I have here now ( not the Wacky World) that I cannot find to save my life, thanks !
Its a very good book, gotta watch this one or~~~find mine. lol
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion