Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Hello from rainy England!
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions     
babypeas
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:20 pm Reply with quote

Hi There,

I hope you don't mind me joining from the UK. There doesn't seem to be all that much info available here. I am a really really excited new pea owner with a lot to learn and I really appreciate being here with all you experts!

I have always wanted peafowl since I grew up on a farm and my dad tried to keep them but they always ran away Sad I now live with my very lovely long suffering boyfriend who humours me alot (and our very soppy dalmation, 2 horses, 2 cats a turtle and lots of fish!) so I thought we could try again! I bought a little tiny 2 egg incubator on Ebay and found a local farm shop that thought I was mad when I asked if I could buy some peacock eggs (I never even saw their peacocks so I thought I might end up with geese!) and to my absolute and complete amazment they both hatched!!!! I feel very honoured as I have been reading all the info I can find and realise that its not always an easy thing to do. The babies are now a week old and I am completely and madly in love with them! I really want to do whats best for them so any advice will be so much appreciated.

Thanks for such a great place to come xxx

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Welcome! I love to meet people from all around the world and hear their stories. Yes, it is difficult to hatch chicks especially in an incubator. I have had much better luck under chickens. It is recommended to keep your peafowl caged for several months so they get the idea where their home is. Then let them out for about an hour and just keep extending the time until they stick around.

This forum is fairly new, so you may not find everything you need to know here. But, just ask...there are many very knowledgeable people here who are very helpful.

It's great to have you here!

babypeas
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks so much for your kind welcome I am so pleased to find people I can talk peas with!! Laughing
I cant believe how quickly you can get hooked!!

I have just got carried away and put a really long post under raising peachicks! I am not only new here and to peas but I have never been in a forum before either! I really dont want to get in trouble or do anything wrong if I have a question about the health of my babies should I ask it under raising peachicks or health?

I tried to put a picture on but I dont know if it worked!

xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions