Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  STATE REGULATIONS----ALL SHOULD READ THIS...
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion     
jadobber

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:01 am Reply with quote

I wanted to write this and not sound rude to anyone...People please,,,for new and oldies to the forum and peafowl -----pheasants---chickens---ALL OF IT....

PLEASE KNOW AND READ UP ON YOUR STATE REGULATIONS....I HAVE PEOPLE BUYING BIRDS AND OR EGGS THAT SHOULDN'T BE...I AM GETTING LETTERS FROM OTHER STATES IN THE MAIL TO APPLY FOR PERMITS TO THAT STATE...SOME OF THE ONES THAT I CAN THINK OF OFF HAND ARE MISSOURI,,,,VIRGINIA........I KNOW THERE ARE MORE AND FOR SOME OF YOU THAT MAYBE SELL FOR HATCHERIES YOU COULD HELP OUT------BUT BEFORE ANYONE BUYS OR SELLS PLEASE PLEASE READ YOUR STATE REGULATIONS.....

MAYBE SOME OF THE BIGGER BREEDERS OR ANYONE---BUT FOR SOME OF THE BREEDERS WHO SHIP BIRDS OR EGGS AND DO KNOW YOUR STATE LAWS-----COULD YOU PUT THEM UP ON HERE...PLEASE...HELP OUT SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE NEW TO THIS..ALOT OF PEOPLE DON'T THINK TO LOOK AT LAWS AND REGULATIONS..JUST WANT THE PRETTY BIRD..

WISCONSIN-----YOU MUST BE NPIP TO SHIP...BUT I KNOW QUITE A FEW PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT AND DO..WISCONSIN HAS QUITE A FEW LAWS..
bcraft

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:51 pm Reply with quote

Most state, birds or eggs must be from a NPIP flock, and some must be tested for AI. So if selling birds and hatching eggs. best to join NPIP and also test for AI. Also if you are NPIP you can only add birds from a NPIP flock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quote

First time to try to reply on this message board. Here is a web site that lists all state regulations for importing and exporting livestock. http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/sregs/

http://www.bowspeafowlfarm.com/home.html

Tim Bow
featherhead
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:39 am Reply with quote

Julie, I'm confused. What do you mean when you say that there are people buying birds and eggs that shouldn't be buying?

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion