Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Eye lesion
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health     
Heather7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:49 pm Reply with quote

The left eye has inflamed and edematous conjunctiva adjacent to the lesion. There is yellow material, presumably an abscess, behind the cornea in the lower, medial quadrant of the eye.
Corneal lesions detected and no
Foreign objects observed in conjunctiva. The lesion has been present for a week.

Any suggestions for treatment/management would be appreciated.
Also, I have an image to post, but the directions for uploading an image were not clear when I click on "add image."
lhROW
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote

If you have access to an avian vet, I would take this bird there post haste, particularly with an abscess behind the cornea as you describe. You can apply an opthalmic antibiotic ointment, but it may not reach the abscess, so a systemic antibiotic such as baytril may also be needed.

Make sure this is not a sinus infection... is this the result of an injury?

An abscess would be significantly concerning.

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:42 am Reply with quote

Heather7 wrote:
The left eye has inflamed and edematous conjunctiva adjacent to the lesion. There is yellow material, presumably an abscess, behind the cornea in the lower, medial quadrant of the eye.
Corneal lesions detected and no
Foreign objects observed in conjunctiva. The lesion has been present for a week.

Any suggestions for treatment/management would be appreciated.
Also, I have an image to post, but the directions for uploading an image were not clear when I click on "add image."

Sounds like it could be what many call sinusitis, possibly mycoplasma.
Baytril or Tylan would be 2 choices you could use for the such or Denagard.

To post a picture here it needs a web address, you can upload a photo at photo bucket, etc. and get one that way.
Then come here and in the body of your message put the address of the photo between these " img" tags:
[img]your photo address[/img]
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health