Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Are these two boys india blues?
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS     
Zenith49

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:21 pm Reply with quote

We acquired these two boys a few months ago. They only had baby feathers for tails, so I pegged them as yearlings. They were (are) much bigger than our yearlings and are more brilliantly colored. They seem to be growing new feathers already, so their timing is different that the rest of the birds. Our alpha (4y.o.) and beta (2y.o.) have even moulted yet.

What have we got here?

Thanks,
Z

lhROW
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote

They look like my IB males... Maybe post a photo of your older birds for comparison?

I don't think that they will necessarily change feathers at the same time as your older birds, since they are still growing. Maybe the feathers look brighter because they are newer feathers, not faded from over the summer? My boys are starting to get their new feathers, and they are noticeably brighter than the ones they lost. I think there was some sun bleaching over the summer, and the new feathers look fresher and more vibrant.

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote

The bluish black on their wings seems to be a little high in places as in going into areas where the barred wing feathers are found...Both boys might be split to blackshoulder.
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS