Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Chicks & Hen.
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Incubation, Hatching, and Peachick care     
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:25 am Reply with quote

I had to separate a peachick from the hen because of a foot problem. The foot problem is fixed now. My question is, has anybody had any success in putting a chick back with the hen and the hen not rejecting the chick. She has 3 other chicks. In the past when I've put the chick back the hens would not let the chick get close and would peck at it. Any suggestions? Thanks much.
D C T
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote

Individual behavior can vary -- but -- it is very likely that the bond between the peachick
and the hen has been broken (forgotten)
If the peachick is lonely you can give it a small mirror to make it feel like it has a
friend or you can give it a toy bird.

Last edited by D C T on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote

I love the mirror idea! Thanks
mrsheel4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:26 am Reply with quote

A very old white hen got some trouble with another hen and i put her in the space with the 2 java's and she got her first eggs in februar. This was not planned but I wanted to see the 50/50% ones. I have got 3, one normal grey/braun and 2 who had white and grey colour mixed!!!
Our Actual Exams and testking Testking java certifications pass guarantee. You can get access to teas practice test and rasmussen with multiple prep resources ofMiami International University of Art & Design good luck.
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Incubation, Hatching, and Peachick care