Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Love is blind..
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Other poultry     
redchick2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:44 am Reply with quote

Just wanted to share a little love story. Shaun is a devoted, monogamous mate to Elvis. He is attentive to her every need. Keeps all others away and helps her guard her nest. He breeds with her several times daily, He is at her side constantly and won't even look at another female... His species or hers. Shaun is a French guinea that has fallen in love with Elvis.. A brahma hen.

Elvis is trying to hatch out some peacock eggs for me, but has a couple of her own eggs.. May be a love child in the making....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote

Looks like Elvis's hybrid eggs are developing. The yolk has definitely expanded.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quote

My Male Royal Purple Guinea trys to mount all of my hens, but he is to rough for there liking, Since they give him a hard time about mating, when ever he sees one of my Roo's Mating one of my hens he come flying across the yard and rams them right off of the hen.

8 Easter Egg Hens, 5 Ameraucanas .
1 Blue Cochin,2 SL Wyandottes,2 GL Wyandotte.
1 White Leghorn, 1 Speckled Sussex
2 Guinea Hens Royal Purples.
5 Peacocks 2 IBBS 1 IB 1 IBSP, 2 PeaHens 1 Jade Spalding 1 Spalding BS 1 IB BS PeaHen,
2 Royal Palm Turkeys, 1 Male 1 Female
2 Rottweilers,1 Male and 1 Female Retired winning Show Dog Keeping A Eye On Things.
redchick2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:46 am Reply with quote

I was having that problem, also. I ended up having to re home the roo because of the intensity of the battles. I kept one chick that might be a rooster, but think all the males are gone except for Shaun. Shaun (the guinea cock) keeps everything, females, dogs, small sparrows wanting scratch away from Elvis. He also quite his constant alarm cackles once the rooster was gone. I only have the one guinea as did not realize I had a bob cat problem until a lot of lives had been lost.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:48 am Reply with quote

Joe.G wrote:
My Male Royal Purple Guinea trys to mount all of my hens,.

Luckily, Shaun (French Guinea) only loves Elvis. My other hens will squat for him when he charges, but he's not interested. Of course Elvis is not so pleased to be the sole recipient of his affections.

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Other poultry