Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  What Wormer types to use on Peafowl?
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health     
Crewman83

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 am Reply with quote

I would really like to know what and how much (mg) and how often to worm my peafowls so they don't get ill with worms again. I am happy to dose every month or 3 months what ever is recommended for free range.I have Previously used panacur 3 times cause one was ill.
Situation is this: 6 free range chooks (who I worm every 2 months with a poultry wormer with no egg withholding period) a load of wild ducks who visit every day and wild birds. They all eat each others food that I feed them on 3 trays on the ground in the same spot every day. My peafowl think they are a chicken.They all drink from the dam. No other produce animals on our 10 acres or either side. What do you guys use for your peafowl and How much and how can I dose them without catching them every time? Is a little better than none if applied to their food?
Cheers
casportpony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote

I worm mine with fenbendazole 10% (Safeguard or Panacur, liquid or paste) at 50mg/kg by mouth and repeat in ten days.

Last edited by casportpony on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Crewman83

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:23 am Reply with quote

Thanks for that but I can't help but wonder why some people use 2 different types If it wasn't necessary. Do you know why? or would the panacure/safeguard be completely adequate?
Peachick Grammie
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote

Panacur/safeguard is the same thing. The other wormer you might consider using is ivermectin. I know some people alternate with those two wormers to get broader coverage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health