Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Official stud-book PMI-TN for Pavo Muticus Imperator
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next    
Pfauenfreund

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quote

The breeding season 2015 for our green peafowl is nearly finished. The males are starting to drop off the trains and the last Chicks will eclose within the next two weeks.
People who are interested in offspring and/or to participate the WPA stud-book program can now make reservations for offspring. We are starting to handover them starting from an age of approx. 5 month.
International export is possible, all birds are registered and all needed documents can be issued.

Pfauenfreund

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote

Pictures from my daily free walk with our peafowl chicks from 2015.

Three day old chicks

Another group between 7 an 10 days old

Another group between 3 weeks and 2 months

connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:31 pm Reply with quote

These are pretty good Q8, It will give inspiration to many people that would like to raise peafowl just for the beauty of them.. Put more on when they get larger... thanks Connerhills
Pfauenfreund

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote

connerhills wrote:
These are pretty good Q8, It will give inspiration to many people that would like to raise peafowl just for the beauty of them.. Put more on when they get larger... thanks Connerhills

Thank you George,
this is exactly what I'm doing, raise Peafowl just for the beauty of them.
I will come back with some more Pictures in a few weeks. I have made some Videos too, which I will show soon.
Many regards
Pfauenfreund

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:32 am Reply with quote

In addition to the pictures I made a video to show how much fun it is to walk around with the green peafowl chicks.

https://youtu.be/Yb4-R441cTg
D C T
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:33 am Reply with quote

WOW.....
PEACHICK PLAYGROUND PARADISE run
run

Last edited by D C T on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Pfauenfreund

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote

Today I could mark the first offspring 2015 with closed numbered leg bends. Each bird will get two closed rings, one numbered breeder ring with the year on and the yellow numbered stud-book ring.
The food link of the two hens are now big enough that they rings will not drop off anymore and still small enough that a could push them on.

Pfauenfreund

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:58 am Reply with quote

Every day I make a free walk with my green peafowl chicks around. In the video which I made end of June, beginning of July you will see some impressions about it.
People who are interested in offspring and/or to participate the WPA stud-book program can now make reservations for offspring. As you can see on the video they are tame and all in perfect conditions. We are starting to handover them starting from an age of approx. 4 month.
International export is possible, all birds are registered and all needed documents can be issued.

http://youtu.be/BTNx_8ONDbs
Pfauenfreund

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote

The summer is over and we are going with big steps into the autumn. All peafowls are moulting and getting back again step for step the colour and the brightness. The chicks are already grown to respectable sizes.

Here are some pictures of a gorgeous nice young hen, who will go two weeks on the way to her new home. The hen is just 5 month old and already beautiful coloured and bright. A dream for every enthusiast.

Pfauenfreund

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote

This hen is the first offspring I had 2.5 years ago from the imported green peafowl. On the wing covers she moulted already all feathers and appears now in her full brightness.
The pictures of the wing covers are made from different angles to show what an extraordinary brightness this hen has. The first four pictures are made in the sun, on the last four pictures she is in the shadow, but this is not reducing her brightness. With this emerald green colour she could be a Java hen.

D C T
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote

WOW Exclamation She really IS a beauty. Not like the so called green peahen I bought some
years ago

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quote

And now a short video of the hen on which the smaragd green brightness can be seen a little bit better. It is always very difficult to show this with pictures and videos. It work only partly to show what the eyes are seeing, but I thing on this video it can be seen very well.

https://youtu.be/jyzOoLn3-9U
Pfauenfreund

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:49 am Reply with quote

Here again a video with our green peafowl offspring 2015 during their daily free run. This is the younger group of birds. The video was made beginning of July.

https://youtu.be/YhwhBfnbCl4
Pfauenfreund

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:48 pm Reply with quote

Here an additional video with our green peafowl offspring 2015 during their daily free run. This is the older group of birds. The video was made beginning of July.

The first animals from this group are now already at their new owner, who is very pleased about the lively but trustworthy animals.

https://youtu.be/_UcLzqIGxe8
Pfauenfreund

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote

The Indian summer brings the colour of the bird back and the first chicks from this year are now grown to beautiful young birds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next