Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Black Stools
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health     
mikiemoose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote

Hello,I am new to the sight I joined because I have question about my Peahen that I can't seem to find an answer too.I have a 1 1/2 year old solid white peahen that was born in the house and lives exclusively in the house.Lately she has been having solid black stools that are not runny.I read that watery,black stools maybe a sign of worms but hers are not runny but they are coal black.She has had no change to her diet and hasn't been outside so I don't think she has worms.Any other type of ailment might cause black stools?Other than that she seems healthy.Thanks Mike
featherhead
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote

Hi Mike
Has her diet changed? What are you feeding? Does she have access to dog or cat food? Are her stools dry?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quote

She does have access to dog and cat food and I feed her an exotic show bird mix that I get at Tractor Supply that has grains, sunflower seeds and corn scratch.I give her a treat of fried meal worms.Also an occasional egg yoke that she loves.
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health