Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Unable to access General Discussion
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Forum Information     
Peachick Grammie
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote

I can access all the other index groupings but when I click on General Discussion it says only moderators can access. Just wondering...

lhROW
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:05 am Reply with quote

Hmmm, I can't access it anymore either. Confused Getting the same message you did.

It used to be accessible, and I haven't seen any announcement about it getting shut off, so maybe the setting just got changed inadvertently or the listserv just got flukey? (Is "flukey" even a word? giggle )

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote

Oh, and another thing (as long as I'm thinking about the mechanics of the forum), is that I have wished for awhile that there was a way to click and go to the UPA website. Every place I have tried clicking in the forum just keeps me in the forum, including the header that says www.peafowl.org.

Clicking on it just goes to the forum, not to the UPA website, www.peafowl.org.

So if I want to visit the website, I have to stop and type that into my browser or do something else, rather than just click on a link at the main forum screen.

In case anyone happens to be tinkering with things and knows how to do that... giggle

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote

This is the first I have heard of anyone not being able to get on... I just left the gen. discussion .. There has not been any changes that I know about and Doug McNutt and I are the only people that can do the changes right. now... There may be changes of some sort later on. I will check with Doug and see what he says .. George
lhROW
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, it's weird -- I've accessed it & posted there before. But when I click on the link now, here's the message I get:

Sorry, but only moderators can read topics in this forum.

So I don't know what happened, but somehow in cyberspace that particular section got itself set to only be accessed by folks who are moderators. Goofy.

No telling what happened -- I spent much of the afternoon unable to access files at work because the network drives where all the files are stored went down for the whole agency. Also a mystery, but I'm sure the computer techie guys will get it fixed somehow. Week before last, they were doing disaster preparedness testing and taking the network itself down every day at lunch time. On Thursday, they did something (who knows what?), and the whole network went down for the rest of the day... It was well into Friday before they got everybody back up. Talk about a disaster!

Gonna turn OFF this computer and go do manual labor in the bird pen. Hopefully the shovel won't break. giggle

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote

I can access it now! Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Forum Information