Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Photos of mainly my peachicks
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS     
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Here is Ice relaxing in the sun:

Ice's peachicks have finally gotten names. All of them seem to be peahens so this one is Snow White:

This peachick's name is Xena:

Then I named this girl and then decided I didn't like the name so I need some ideas on what to name her. She is a dark pied with some white on her upper neck.

Peep wouldn't leave me alone when I was sitting in his pen. He stayed right by me pecking at me and my camera. Very Happy

Today I was raking the larger pen. I raked all the leaves into piles around the plants and the pen looks nicer now. I still need to get the ladder and get some small branches off of the netting.
urbansoule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote

How can you tell the gender on Snow White? How old is she? I would really like to know what my white is girl/boy but I don't want to pluck a feather and do the DNA test...

MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote

I am not really an expert on the whites when it comes to sexing them. I have another topic asking if three white peachicks that are all the same age are males. They probably all are thought because I don't see a size difference and they all are about the same size as my male peachick Peep.

The reason I am saying Snow White is a peahen is because her siblings are females and Snow White is the same height and size as them. Of course I know for sure her sisters are girls because they don't have the barring, etc. so I am using them as examples.

As suggested by someone on BYC I named the no name peachick Fiona! I am so glad she has a name now!
Alizey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote

very very nice pix. white snow pic is awesome. share more pictures.

Here I want to ask a question. The question is that how I add a picture with my post. I like picture but I do not know its method. If anyone knows about it share information with me. Hope you will help me.
bus to boston from dc
New York bus tours
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS