Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Fall Peafowl Pictures
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS     
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote

I didn't include the peachicks I am raising in this photoshoot, just the peafowl in the big aviary. Today was very windy.

Here is Alto, he still hasn't grown back his feathers from where the raccoon bit him. I wonder if he will ever grow back feathers there? Well I love him all the same.

He is getting his first real train now, and I noticed that even his wing colors are getting more vibrant.

His spurs are no longer rounded on the ends.

He started preening so I got photos of that. The alpha peacock that was killed by raccoons that lived in this pen was weird about me watching him preen. Maybe he didn't trust me. Alto doesn't care if I watch him or even take pictures of him.

Damsel is adjusting to her new ranking. I hate it that she is now the lowest ranking bird. Since the lowest ranking bird, a peahen, was killed by raccoons everyone in the pen has had to re-establish themselves. Damsel is now bossed around and doesn't have a higher ranking than anyone.

I got a lot of pictures of my blackshoulder peahen Ice and "her" peachicks. Really I think these chicks are from Damsel but Ice incubated the eggs because one is pied, one is white, and one is dark pied.
I took a lot of pictures of the white peachick because it was so photogenic:

Here is the pied peachick, it is a male. He is pretty adventurous.

The pied male and the dark pied female together. Since peachicks they stayed pretty close, and I think they still are. The white is normally with Ice, but these two chicks are always walking away from Ice to explore and catch bugs.

Here is their mommy:

Ice lay down with the peachicks in a nice sunny spot and they spent some nice time together without any interruption from the other birds. (The dark pied was behind Ice.)

featherhead
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote

WOW! Alea, please (pretty, pretty please?) send some of your photos to Jen Louden for the 2012 calendar! Your photography is exceptional and your birds' personalities are obvious. Read Jen's post in the General Discussion category and send her some shots, okay?
Thanks!
sherri

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote

featherhead wrote:
WOW! Alea, please (pretty, pretty please?) send some of your photos to Jen Louden for the 2012 calendar! Your photography is exceptional and your birds' personalities are obvious. Read Jen's post in the General Discussion category and send her some shots, okay?
Thanks!
sherri

X2!!! please send some pics in! the one close up of Alto (I think pic eight in the list) is just beautiful!
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote

Okay, I will pick some good ones to send in. Wink
dakota

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:01 am Reply with quote

i agree, great pics

urbansoule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote

Love the photos of Ice and the chicks.... so precious!

MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote

Thank you the photos of Ice and her peachicks are some of my favorite set of photos I have taken.
urbansoule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:02 am Reply with quote

How old is Alto? He's beautiful! When did his spurs start showing?

MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote

Alto is three this year. His spurs were showing up as little bumps when he was a yearling, then at two they were longer but were still rounded on the end and now that he is three they are of course a bit longer and pointy.
nudrat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:58 am Reply with quote

KC and her buddy "Mo" have moved to one of the poultry barns. They outgrew their rabbit hutch, but they really liked living in our sunroom! KC was experiencing some feather loss on her chest, so it was time for larger quarters. They share a 10'x12' barn and don't yet have access to the rest of the aviary. If it gets near 20 degrees at night I'll bring them back to the sunroom and probably put them in a mastiff kennel until the weather gets warmer. KC is still a bit skittish, but if I just sit on the floor she will let me pick her up. I can't wait to watch these two experience the great outdoors for the first time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS