Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  young possum rescued from an Urban Bathroom...true 'nuff
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Completely Off Topic     
redchick2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote

This little possum was in the bathroom at our office today. by the mess, she had been there all weekend. The door was shut, and we could find no holes in the floor, walls or ceiling. How she got there was a mystery with no answer. She was hungry and dehydrated. I boxed her up with water and food, which she devoured with gusto. At dusk we released her in willow brush by our pond (far away from the busy city streets). I wish her well....

her with my daughter:

I love her little grabby hands:
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quote

One night our little white poodle was outside (she was supposed to be using the bathroom) and she caught a little opossum like that one. Luckily she didn't hurt it. It was soo soft and cute, we put out some food for it. Good thing it didn't bite you it looks so tame. Very Happy
redchick2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:38 pm Reply with quote

I had rehabilitated one about the same age several years ago. They like to show their teeth and drool, but only bite when they realy feel threatened. Usually, they just "play possum".
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Completely Off Topic