Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Chairpersons and Helpers needed for Committees
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » UPA Club Info     
Brian
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quote

The U.P.A. is in need of several members to serve on commitees.
we need someone to Chair these committees and 1 or 2 members to help each Chairperson. if you have any questions, comments, or are willing to help in any way, or know of another member who may want to help, please feel free to contact me, direct or by e-mail.

COMMITTEES
In an effort to help balance the workload and help the club operate more efficiently, I would like to appoint these committees. Participation will be voluntary. They will serve at the pleasure of the Board of Directors. Each committee shall keep regular minutes of their activiities and report at each Board meeting. Members of other committees can consult with the executive committee at any time. If anyone would like to be removed from a committee please notify me. Members will serve until a new Board is elected.

ELECTION
Chairperson will solicit nominations from members of good standing for at least 1 year who are 18 years of age or older. Will print the ballots and send them to current members. Will receive the ballots and hold them safely until they are opened at the convention.

WEB SITE
Chairperson will montior the site to keep it updated. Will act as liasion between the club and the web master. They will edit the web site for information.

MAGAZINE AND PUBLICITY
Chairperson will monitor Peafowl Today magazine. will work with the editor to continue to improve circulation, content, and delivery of the magazine.

FUND RAISING
Chairperson will devise plans to create income venues and expedite them. They will collect proceeds from these endeavors and forward them to the treasurer.

AUCTION
Chairperson will solicit items for and manage the annual convention auction. All items will be received, held and brought to the convention auction by the committee chairperson.

WELCOME
Chairperson will be responslble for welcoming new members by phone or e-mail and
welcoming past members back to the U.P.A.

MEMBERSHIP
Chairperson will develop and Implement strategies and tactics to encourage current members to continue and renew their membership and invite and encourage additional
new membership.

CONVENTION
Chairperson must have hosted a prior Convention to help new host.
Convention chairperson may request a copy of convention guidelines from me.

Membership committee, Skip Norman has agreed to chair this committee, George Foster will assist him.

Publicity and Magazine committee, Gwen Hibler has agreed to Chair, Tracey Whitaker
will continue as Editor of the U.P.A. magazine. George Conner will assist Gwen with the magazine.

Website Committee, Stephanie Tindall has agreed to Chair, Ronnie Rouse has expressed interest in helping Stephanie.

Election Committee, Brian Flowers will Chair the election committee. Steve Whitaker will work with Brian on this committee.

Fund Raising committee, Brian Flowers has agreed to chair the fund raising committee, Jeanna Motz-Jacobs will assist him.

Auction Committee, Donn Maynard has agreed to Chair the Auction committee, he has asked James Hill to help him.

Welcome Committee, Sherri Marcoski has agreed to Chair the welcome committee.

Convention Committee, Steve Whitaker has agreed to chair this committee.

Lets remember all Chairpersons could and would except any and all help,
so, members lets jump in and lend a helping hand, I am sure there are a lot of great ideas
just waiting to be put into action.

Thank you to all who are willing to give of their free time to serve on these committees and to help the U.P.A. become a stronger association, and please remember, without the members there would be no U.P.A. so your input is welcome and will addressed.

Brian Flowers
President
United Peafowl Association

Last edited by Brian on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 18 times in total
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:22 am Reply with quote

Brian.. what do the committee jobs require a person to do ? What are their responsibilites , as these are ad hoc committees and do need a full job description so members will know what they are to do when helping. george
Brian
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:36 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the question George,
My Computer has been in the repair shop for several days so I have been out of touch.
just got it back tonight. I will post the guidelines tommorro 10-22-10.
Brian
skipnorman
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Brian, seems to me that the membership Committee as listed below should have as its objectives: Develop and implement stategies and tactics to 1) encourage current members to continue and renew their membership and 2) invite and encourage additional new membership. What do you think? =skip=

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » UPA Club Info