Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  please rent and view the movie Temple Grandin
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Completely Off Topic     
sctcat
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quote

I watched the movie Temple Grandin last night and I can't stop recommending it to anyone and everyone. I didn't know anything about the movie or the autobiography it conveys until I watched the Emmy's and saw so many of the actors involved win awards and saw Dr. Grandin stand up in the audience. This movie is an amazing story of someone's achievements all the way to holding a professorship in a university and impacting the agricultural industry in a most humane yet economically applicable fashion, while autism remains the constant, terrifying and near controlling master. It's a first insight into how autism impacts the mind of those who live within its world that I've ever seen. The mother who worked so hard to help her child break barriers and learn how to break barriers reminds me of my mother in law and how hard she worked with my husband's middle brother to overcome the mental challenges for this son who was permanently affected by a high fever shortly after his birth.
It's not an easy movie to watch but I can't say enough about how great a story it tells.
Give it a try!

Stephanie
D C T
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote

Hmmmmm......funny I never noticed this post.....
Did not exactly see "movie" about her but after reading about her I did an internet search
some time back and found her story on You Tube in several sections and YES
I had to see all of it

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Completely Off Topic