Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Wild Peafowl Videos
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Pea-Fun     
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote

I found this great website a while ago and just thought maybe people here might want to look at the videos of wild peafowl they have on the website...

Here are all the green peafowl videos:
http://www.arkive.org/green-peafowl/pavo-muticus/videos.html

Here are all the India Blue peafowl videos, one or two are domestic birds, but most of the videos are wild ones, just look at that flight video!
http://www.arkive.org/indian-peafowl/pavo-cristatus/videos.html

Most of the videos are really amazing. It is something to see how peafowl live in the wild. Very Happy
BarryK
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Just watched a couple videos of the wild India Blues and it's amazing how long there legs are. I think I will start picking the birds with the longer legs for breeding from now on.
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:28 am Reply with quote

If you have not looked at my web site you might look .. I have a few photo of India blues take in the wild in India. These were taken by my friend Danny on one of his trips. The length of leg is evident in the photos. connerhills.
BarryK
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:35 am Reply with quote

Hi George
I have looked at your site quit a few times and did notice the pictures of the wild Blues. The India blues I have don' have any were near the legs the wild ones do, there legs even seem shorter than most my other colours but maybe that is because they probably have a little green blood in them. My next thought on this is maybe the India blues with the shorter leggs ca handle our winters better, so over the generations these are the stronger birds in our climate anyways. What are the length our your India Blues legs in coparision.
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Pea-Fun