Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Early Eggs
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Other poultry     
KC
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:32 am Reply with quote

Hi,

I was feeding last evening and when I opened the Golden Pheasant door to feed them, I was shocked to see a freshly laid egg. We still have about 4" of snow on the ground and it is in the teens at night and are forcasted to have another 4-8 in the next two days. What is up with this? Shocked Has anyone else had any eggs this early? Confused I noticed the males calling out a lot and strutting but I never dreamed of eggs this early.

Kevin

Desert Wind
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:17 am Reply with quote

Haven't had any Peafowl eggs but one of our Turkey's has layed about 6 eggs but she and the tom have been in a heated barn

desert wind
Peachick Grammie
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quote

I think it is my old IB hen of unknown age that laid 3 eggs weeks ago. My neighbor ate them and none of them were fertile. Once I found the first egg, I went ahead and set up the nesting boxes...now I have three more eggs. Don't know which of my two IB hens laid them.

My male will be three in May and if quite full of himself and has been calling for weeks now. I have a feeling this is going to be a long mating season!

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Other poultry