Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Yearling Peafowl Pip and Alto
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS     
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quote

If you do not know already, my adult peafowl ran off, we caught the female (Ice) and the male was heard 3 days ago calling from in the woods.

To hopefully get succesful free-range peafowl, we got two yearlings each from a different place. The yearling hen we got first. She is a small and cute India Blue. She is also very vocal. So we named her Pip. She gets along well with the adult hen Ice. Then we got the yearling male. He is a India Blue that was in a pen with two other yearlings. The yearling male he was with was shorter than him. When we got the yearling male in our pen and noticed he looked way taller than the yearling female so we named him Alto (Spanish for tall). We are hopping Alto might have some green in him. Ice pecks at him and kicked at him once. We will build a new pen and buy some peafowl eggs for Ice to hatch since for now we have no adult male, unless Fire comes back for matting.

And I guess I never showed you the pen, I know it is lame. We are going to make a new one instead of just buying another asibling pen for a dog which is what those pens are.

Front view of pen.

Side view

Here is what I was talking about, Ice asserting her domanance twards Alto.

The gangs all here!

Bit of a comparison, you can sort of see what I mean by how tall Alto looks near Ice.

Here is a good side view, I am hopping he has a bit of green in him giving him the height because I love the yellow they get on the face.
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:37 pm Reply with quote

A good clear picture of Alto. He is really curious and is showing signs that he will be easy to work with and is very friendly already. He has some hay stuck in his mouth in this picture! Laughing

MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Alto Displaying!

So today Alto was displaying a lot when I went to feed the birds.

Since we got him, I have noticed him slowly getting more color. I can see bits of green on those brown striped feathers. He tried to impress Ice with his wimpy display, of course she paid him no attention!

He was mainly directing all the show twards Pip, who is behind him.

Everyone enjoy your birds and take lots of pictures! Very Happy
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS