Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Strange phone call..... "Rent a peacock"
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Pea-Fun     
kat
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote

Girl called, asked if I had peacocks. Then asked if I rent them out "for like parties and stuff". She is haveing a party for a boyfriend and wanted to have exotic animals just walking around. I informed her that a peacock would fly away.... "Oh My Gosh, PEACOCKS CAN FLY? well, could I like put a leash on him??"............

UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote

And Kat, I'm sure you said something like, "Well sure, like, you can put a leash on him and sort of get flogged to death." Right? Sorry, but I'm still laughing at the thought.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote

Sure you can use a tie out cord on one, they have been used for years on chickens. Most to keep gamecocks from fighting each other.

Cord is hook to the leg with a leather strap. Sure you could use one as a leash.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:16 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, I needed that visual!

They do make a leash type product for parrots...

http://www.birdsupplies.com/Bird-Diapers-Bird-Harness-Chirp-n-Squawk-Bird-Supplies-s/1.htm

Maybe we are missing out on some opportunities... Rolling Eyes this is said with tongue in cheek. Wink

babypeas
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:09 am Reply with quote

Bird diapers sound useful!! Wink

xxx

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:21 am Reply with quote

The thought of tying up my peacocks makes me cringe! I absolutely cant stand to see dogs tied up either. As a dog trainer I know the physical and psychological problems this causes. Its just not something I could ever do.

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:46 am Reply with quote

Hey Kat....I know how you feel. Laughing I had a lady call and ask if I had a "small" Peacock that would sit in her Christmas tree and "not make a mess". Laughing Laughing Laughing I am still laughing. The public never ceases to AMAZE me. Laughing Laughing Laughing I just told her that Amazon.com has Real looking fake peacocks and she should check into that. Wink Wink Wink

kat
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote

LOL Hey, Id like one I could bring in the house too Smile).... one that wont pooh.

I talked to a woman last week, she told me all about the 4 peacocks she got from me.... and how much she LOVES them (she calls about once a month with stories). This conversation delt with treats. I suggested she try giving them tomatoes, and squash and different vegatables. She asked if she needed to mash it up for them first so that they dont choke.....
It was pretty hard not to laugh. I told her that half the fun was watching them tear it apart, take a big chunk, and then play "keep away" from the other birds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quote

Hahaha I can't believe that she didn't know something about peacocks but she wanted it for the party. We used to have a beautiful peacock (bless her soul) just walking around our farm so whenever have family gatherings, she's like the star of the night.
El Paso Dentist | Waco Dental
Peachick Grammie
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quote

I emailed with the bird harness folks that I found on eBay. They said that they can make a harness to fit a peacock as their largest would only fit probably the 3 month old chicks I have now. My idea was to have a peacock that I could take to nursing homes and schools...like a therapy bird. It seems that my white 3 month old male might be that tame to consider but I didn't know how I would manage the poop. Peacocks are pooping machines. Wow...someone already thought of bird diapers.

Maybe I will just keep them in the coop.

jimm1909

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote

Peachick Grammie wrote:
I emailed with the bird harness folks that I found on eBay. They said that they can make a harness to fit a peacock as their largest would only fit probably the 3 month old chicks I have now. My idea was to have a peacock that I could take to nursing homes and schools...like a therapy bird. It seems that my white 3 month old male might be that tame to consider but I didn't know how I would manage the poop. Peacocks are pooping machines. Wow...someone already thought of bird diapers.

Maybe I will just keep them in the coop.

Thanks,

-Jim

Last edited by jimm1909 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
silvergramma

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote

I have a pic on my cell phone of my white male sitting on the hood of my truck and one of my Nigerians tugging at his train trying to pull him off.. boy did he let out a squawk..you guys are killing me with these stories..
my white male knows I keep the paper bag with the roasted peanuts in my truck so when he sees me coming to the barn in my truck he comes flying to get on the truck.. and demand his treats.. sheesh who does he think he is anyway????
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Pea-Fun