Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Quilt tops.. at auction
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » UPA Club Info     
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote

James HIll has sent two of his quilt tops to be auctioned off during the convention . These are very well done and have been selling for a good amount at other UPA auctions . James has made custom quilts for years for members and his customers. Untill his health failed some James was the auction go to person and still contributes for the club .I will get photos up or some one will in this thread. Keep watching ...soon. George
DMFarms
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:05 am Reply with quote

featherhead
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote

James' skills are excellent! I'm also a quilter, and have bought a couple of James' quilt tops because the quality of fabric and piecing is top-notch. If you're looking for an heirloom piece that will stand the test of time, you won't want to miss the opportunity to see and bid on these quilt tops.
sherri

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote

Beautiful!!!

My grandma was a quilter. I agree these look like they are top of the line quality.

Oh I wish we were able to go to the convention. Crying or Very sad
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote

These are all cotton. Original designs are by James himself ( he is very talented and selective ) look at the detail and the quality of workmanship. These are pcs. not one large pattern. The sizes are 91 x 91 inches ( one with the stars and peacock heads. ) The other one (lighter colored ) is 76 x 92 . These are quilt tops only, not quilts. George

Last edited by connerhills on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quote

Y'all are welcome to bid on these by mail.. If you want to bid on anything, please send an envelope with a check inside to cover your top bid and item you're bidding on and put the bid envelope inside another envelope and address this to ... Gwen Hibler @ 24605 13 road , Montezuma , Ks. 67867-9072. Gwen will bring these unopened to the convention auction . One of the BOD will bid for you. If the item sells for less that your top bid the extra money will be returned to you. If someone out bids the amount of your check, it will be returned or destroyed (as you wish). So bid um up.. Please get these to Gwen asap so she can recieve them in time to bring to Kansas Ciy with her, If she does not have them with her you might loose out on these . Postage will be paid by the bidder as items will be postage due at delivery.. or if you have any left over it can go toward postage.,, If I missed anything or if you have any questions , let me know.. George
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:47 am Reply with quote

Thank you Doug for putting up the photos... looks like I sent only one of one and a lot of the other one.. Embarassed . George
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:22 am Reply with quote

Well I bought the first one.. I guess I will add it to the other James Hill stuff.. George Wink
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote

Well this is the second one '' some where I lost the first mailing ... Starting with the James HIll quilts ( made by James Hill) James has furnished a number of excelent quilt tops for donation.. I have bought a number of these over the years and I bought another one to add to my meger colllection.. I may have a lot more quilts than bed now. James has started a web site to promote his talents and I wish to relay the new address www.Peacocks-N-Bloom-N- quilts.com this is the way I recd. it if you have any trouble we can get that straighted out.. These are MADE IN THE USA by a good ol' Tennesse boy.. HIs skills come from generations back and you cant loose with one of them..He is also good at stitching other items ...so if you need a new pair of nice bloomers he can do that also... look himup,, long time hardworker for the UPA,,, Wait untill you see some of his work.. connerhilll
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote

Corrected address for the UPA Quilt maker Check it out ..... www.peacocks-n-bloom-n-quilts.com
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » UPA Club Info