Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Talk to me about the convention... : )
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » UPA Club Info     
RunDanRun
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:06 pm Reply with quote

Hey all,

I've been reading a little about the convention to be held in KC this October. What all takes place (besides elections)? Is it one day or a weekend or...? In addition to being a member ($30 fee) are there other charges to attend the convention? Is food available to purchase at the location or is it a "bring your own"? How many people typically attend? Kids welcome? Well, whatever info you have, I'd be interested in learning more as I'm trying to decide if this would be something my family would enjoy doing. Thanks! Smile
Jeanna
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote

I am sure someone soon will be able to answer all your questions.
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quote

Dan ,, give me a call when you have time and I will go over all of it with you.... For others this is a brief summary.. The sign in starts at 1 pm I think.ballots are counted Thur at 3 pm and the new BOD goes into their meeting It is free time for the rest that are there Thurs... There is not much going on Thurs. as not many people were interested in trying for the BOD.. Fri. their should be some guest or guest speaker in the A M then break for lunch ( on your own ) and then the will be speakers in the PM and dinner will be paid for by the UPA. At 7 there will be a club auction for the fund raiser. If you want to donate the the fund raiser you can bring it to the checkin spot.. The cost to go to the convention I think it is $80 for a couple and 120 for the family.. day passes and non member passes are available. The raffle will be held for the GQF battor. ( So y'all better get you ticket ) you dont have to be there to win but you do have to be a UPA club member and thay can be done when you sign in. You can get them from Craig Hopkins or order over th UPA webpage and use paypal Sat. there will be a tour of Brad Leggs farm in Kansas City, Mo. this is about 20-30 mil. from motel. and a dinner will be served there. You will see the biggest collection of peacock colors and patterns in one group than any where else in the world... The motel has rooms saved for the UPA. the rate is $116.06 per night includeing taxes .. this includes breadfast,, free wirless service. free airport shuttle. for the members that like a cold one they have a bar.. a happy hour. V ery large Sona Rose shopping center is 5 mile away. At 3 pm Sat. there will be a necropsy done by a state vet. and the club hopes to film this and have it availabe for members to use for a reference when they do it. The price changes on the motel at the cut off day of Sept 16. There is a NASCAR Race that day and the rooms are expected to be tight and they say 80000 to 100000 people may show up.. If you only get to go to one convention this is the one to go to if you want to see a lot of birds all kinds,, some rabbits,, donkey ,,horses ,,tweety birds,, all colors of quail,,,, ducks,, hedge hogs, ,, pot pigz.. cute luttle dogs, pheasants and them noise guinneeeeesss,and I am sure I forgot something.???? there will be free time to look at birds and visit.Make plans to take something home with you as there will be someting there you will want. If I left out anything just ask and I will get you an answer.. The motel is the 4 seasons Sheraton 816 464 2345 george OH yes if your lucky you will get to see the next generation of the little leggs. Brandon and his new family
RunDanRun
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:46 am Reply with quote

Sure thing, George. I'll give you a call. But perhaps you could add the exact dates in October to your post so everyone will know when it is.
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quote

connerhills wrote:
Make plans to take something home with you as there will be someting there you will want.

Lol I don't doubt that if we are still going which I think we are as long as my dad doesn't change his mind we are going to take his big truck with a dog box encase we get something. I think I will have to miss a day of school to go but I don't care how much makeup work I have to do I am totally going. I really want to meet all the UPA members in person, I have talked to several on the phone and on the forums but it is nice to see everyone in person.
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote

Sorry about that .. the dates of the convention are the 6,,7,,8,, of Oct. 2011
featherhead
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote

Every convention I've attended has been a lot of fun. People come from everywhere and it's become an annual reunion with new attendees every time. Lots to see and learn, but the best part is meeting the people. There's such a wealth of experience in this club and everyone shares stories and remedies with a great sense of humor. Heck, we even have our very own cowboy poet in the group. The Legg's farm is a knockout and the family os so gracious. I'm sure you'll have a good time. One of my favorite parts is the live auction of donated items. Most are peafowl-related and there's some real neat stuff. I've never left the auction empty-handed, for sure. And I've never left without a stomach ache from laughing so hard. You'll enjoy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » UPA Club Info