Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Peahen in the water
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Pea-Fun     
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quote

In our peafowl aviary we have a big metal trough we fill with water for the peafowl. When we first started using the trough this summer for the birds to drink out of, the peahens relized they could step into the trough to drink and just stand there to cool off. I enjoyed watching them just stand there and take there time to drink and stand in the water so now that it is winter, I thought they would stop this behavior. Yesterday I filled up the trough and Ice, one of my peahens, jumped right in and started drinking! It was cold and the water was freezing but she didn't seem bothered! I had no idea they would still do that in cold weather, I guess they just like to stand in water when they drink! Very Happy
Indigo
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:02 am Reply with quote

I have a cousin that lives east of Missoula, Montana. She has a neighbor that has peacocks. They showed up at her place about 10 years ago.She provides no protection from the cold for them and it gets well below zero there with a lot of snow. They are a lot tougher than people think.They roost in the pine trees at night which is laden with snow.They have adapted to the climate.
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:26 am Reply with quote

Yeah I think that is amazing that they are fine with the snow and everything. They certainly look pretty out in the snow.
AndyLuvsNola

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote

I bought a white peahen once and it had little bugs crawling on it so I gave it a bath and it enjoyed it oddly enough. The float on top the water like ducks and ofcourse i had the camera ready check it out lol

Rub A Dub Dub My Peahen Is In The Tub

Photobucket
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote

That is so funny! I can't believe they would be fine with a bath! Very Happy
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Pea-Fun