Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  EGGBID has gone Out of Business.
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Completely Off Topic     
Ok Peafowl
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:23 pm Reply with quote

Well Eggbid has finely gone out of Business, But if anyone is interested I have found a few other auction sites that may be good here are the links.

www.rarebreedauctions.com

http://www.bidbirdauctions.com

www.ovabid.com

www.eggbid.net

www.featherauction.com

Last edited by Ok Peafowl on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sonoita
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:13 am Reply with quote

Bummer! Sad

RareBreedAuctions.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:31 pm Reply with quote

Ok Peafowl wrote:
Well Eggbid has finely gone out of Business, But if anyone is interested I have found a few other auction sites that may be good here are the links. In this order.

www.ovabid.com

www.eggbid.net

Ok Peafowl:

Thanks for the mention... We just launched RareBreedAuctions.com and are hoping that it can well-serve the community's needs, in the absence of EggBid. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. For the next month of so, we will be running the auctions with absolutely zero fees whatsoever. Also, the are no membership fees for registering (and never will be).

Thanks all. I hope to see you there.

Best,
Sean
http://www.RareBreedAuctions.com
Ok Peafowl
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:16 pm Reply with quote

I have posted on Two of the Sites and so far this is the best one.

Fast Customer Service, had a problem emailed them and they answered and had the problem fixed in about 30 min , way better then Eggbid ever was.

Easy to register and list you auctions can't ask for much more (well maybe lots of bidders).

Keep up the Good work.

www.rarebreedsauction.com

Steve
RareBreedAuctions.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quote

Ok Peafowl wrote:
I have posted on Two of the Sites and so far this is the best one.

Fast Customer Service, had a problem emailed them and they answered and had the problem fixed in about 30 min , way better then Eggbid ever was.

Easy to register and list you auctions can't ask for much more (well maybe lots of bidders).

Keep up the Good work.

www.rarebreedsauction.com

Steve

Thanks Steve. We're trying... Smile We had to pull the trigger fast, since we weren't expecting EggBid to give up the ghost. Worked out a couple kinks but overall a smooth launch.

One interesting note: While there are a couple site with more registered user than us, I've been pleasantly surprised at the bidding activity on RBA. There are real, legit bids happening organically—which is wonderful. Our bid-to-auction ratio is higher than most of the sites I've been tracking... I think people feel comfortable on the site, which is nice, because we really wanted it to feel like a community effort (with a professional facade).

We've received a lot of positive feedback from the community. Be sure to tell your friends! Smile
EggAuct

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:49 pm Reply with quote

www.EggAuct.com Is now issuing free credit for new registraions
$50 credit on the first 1-50 registered users.
$20.00 credit for the next 51-100 registered users.
$10.00 credit for the next 101-200 registered users.
$5.00 credit for the next 201-300 registered users.
The credit can be used for any seller fees, store, and seller verification.

1. We use professional well supported software not homemade software that locks up, freezes and crashes.
2. EggAuct.com runs on private dedicated servers using intel proccessors and are always running 99.99%.
3. We use the latest direct payment methods. No real need to contact buyers after auction closes they can simply pay using the direct payment methods you choose. Like Paypal, Google Checkout, Worldpay, 2Checkout, Nochex, Ikobo, Protx, Authorize.net, Moneybookers, Amazon Payments and Paymate.
4. Our customer service support answers questions right away.
5. We do not use advertisements on our site that will pose a virus threat to your computer. We never had any complaints about malicious viruses, popup's or adware on our site ever.
6. Ask other users from other sites how are their services and software? You will hear nothing but problems with page lockups, freeze ups crashes page slowdowns and headaches.
7. Our software utilizes the latest php technology.
8. We sponsor and support many forums, clubs and society's. Are others doing the same?
9. We are also hobbyist just like you.
10. Our auction has many features like wanted ads, Item swap, featured items, featured category items, and more.
Even if you don't see any items of interest today signup so that we know your with us.

Last edited by EggAuct on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:02 am; edited 2 times in total
AIM Address
eggsell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:23 am Reply with quote

Hi all!

EggSell by RicciAngel v2.0 just got a huge upgrade to offer users a lot more cluck! We now have stores, wanted ads, and a lot more! wahoo

Visit us at http://eggsell.ricciangel.com

All new users get a $3 signup bonus,

and the first 10 UPA Forum users
can use this Voucher Code => 2609090559cc

for a totally free listing, so be sure to take advantage of features like bold listing and featured!

Come join us, we have a monthly raffle, surprise bonus auctions, and a random Lottery for our newsletter subscribers as well!

EggSell by RicciAngel is my full time job, so I will be there to help you, answer questions, watch for joy bidders and such. I hope you guys will take a look, and grow with us!

Regards,
Ricky F.

http://eggsell.ricciangel.com
bidBird

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:05 am Reply with quote

Ok Peafowl wrote:
Well Eggbid has finely gone out of Business, But if anyone is interested I have found a few other auction sites that may be good here are the links.

www.ovabid.com

www.eggbid.net

www.featherauction.com

http://bidbirdauctions.com/
Please allow me to introduce myself and our auction site as I feel it is important to know a little about who you are dealing with. My name is Jesse Paul. We have been in poultry for eight years. I am the district director and vice president of the Wyandotte Breeders of America Club. I love our Lord! I am happily married with four children. We currently raise 11 varieties of large fowl Wyandottes, several bantam varieties, 11 varieties of call ducks and a few Mandarins. My wife runs a local 4H chapter and our children show their poultry regularly. You can read more about us here. http://www.paulspoultry.com/aboutus.html
Failure is not an option with our auction site. bidBird is fully monitored and each new member is personally screened and verified. We do not use the inexpensive $200.00 to $300.00 php software that most other sites are offering. We feel that it is not secure or robust enough and we want to offer our members the best. bidBird’s software should be familiar to former eggbid users as it is the same just a newer version. Our cold fusion based software had set us back over $3,000.00 and we have a separate and dedicated server for our site. We currently have ads running in Backyard Poultry Magazine and the Poultry Press. I hope this gives you a little insight into “who you are dealing with”

[/img]http://www.paulspoultry.com/images/bidBirdHeaderyellow2.jpg[img]

[/url]http://bidbirdauctions.com/[url]

Last edited by bidBird on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
RareBreedAuctions.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:31 am Reply with quote

bidBird wrote:
l
Failure is not an option with our auction site. bidBird is fully monitored and each new member is personally screened and verified. We do not use the inexpensive $200.00 to $300.00 php software that most other sites are offering. We feel that it is not secure or robust enough and we want to offer our members the best. bidBird’s software should be familiar re to former eggbid users as it is the same just a newer version. Our cold fusion based software had set us back over $3,000.00 and we have a separate and dedicated server for our site. We currently have ads running in Backyard Poultry Magazine and the Poultry Press. I hope this gives you a little insight into “who you are dealing with”

Why's it gotta be like that? Did anyone throw stones at you?

To clarify, I have 12 years of experience in web design and development. I used the software that was best suited to fill the need. I know security. Please don't speak ignorantly.

"Who people deal with" varies from site to site. The proof is in the outcome—who's online, who's selling and who's bidding.

I feel confident in going toe-to-toe with anyone in a purely competitive manner. However, I—and most other auction sites—will not stoop to slinging mud and belittling others in an attempt to build myself up.

Let the people decide. But please keep things above board. There's no reason for that. There's room for everyone.

Thanks.

Sean,
RareBreedAuctions.com
bidBird

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quote

Dear Sean,
My intent was to only to inform about us and our product. No stones where thrown. Our apologies.

Last edited by bidBird on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
RareBreedAuctions.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:22 am Reply with quote

Accepted. Thx.
EggAuct

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote

Great news selling items at www.eggauct.com is now free we just require to become a verified seller. We have waived all fees untill further notice. Thank you.

EggAuct

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote

www.eggauct.com has the most bird related items for sale than any other online bird auction. And it's all free.

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Completely Off Topic