Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Photo of new color " Sonja's Violete "
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3    
DMFarms
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:34 pm Reply with quote

Andy what is overpriced to you. New mutations don't happen often. When you find one most of the time it only one and you have to spend several breeding to get one. Let say these are your birds and you have spent 5 to 8 years breeding them to get a few to sell what are you going to sell them for? What is your time worth for 5 to 8 years of labor trying to get more of this new mutation. Before you say it another overprice bird you need to look at all the time that was put in to get more of this new color mutation.
Hailey06

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Beautiful hen! Can't wait to see the male. Thank you for posting pictures.
________
herbal vaporizers

Last edited by Hailey06 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
bandbaustin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:44 am Reply with quote

Can't wait to see a pic of a male, I think they will be priced accordingly. From what I can tell these guys are not doing this to get rich but because they have a passion for it. They are trying to recoup some of the countless hours they have spent working on these new colors so we can all be able to have one some day if we desire. I am willing to pay a higher price for a rarer bird for sure. They can't just give them away as they would be out of business in a few months. I want to say thank you for your dedication!!!
bandbaustin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Anyone ever get a picture of the male? I would love to see one!!
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:25 pm Reply with quote

Bandbaustin,, some photos were taken of him just before he moulted but I have not been through them yet. The oldest male is still at Brad Leg farm as he used him for breeding this year. I am working on some new things for my web site and hope to get them on there.... Dont know if I got any Violete chicks this year.. This year I have been breeding some of the hens to a Java male and will have some split spaldings now. and maybe next year I will breed some Violete males to Java hens. Thanks for your interest.. I will send you a photo as soon as I get one done.. I got puter problems and can't get any photo down loaded or sent now.. George
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3