Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  peacocks on Ice
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS     
kat
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote

er, ice on peacocks.

We were supposed to get about 6 inches of snow last night. instead we got freezing rain.
What is so interesting is the peacocks must have known it was going to be a long night because out of the 7 birds I have free ranging, not one of them was roosting in the tree when I locked up the chickns last ngiht. Instead they all chose to roost on top of breeder pens.

This is my Black shoulder boy I call Puppy... because he follows me everywhere. He slept on this door last night and this morning he was still there.... covered in ice. The tree in the background is their usual night time roost.

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:24 am Reply with quote

oh, that poor puppy errr I mean peacock. Wink
Don't you just feel so badly for them when their iced up like that but some birds you just cannot get put up and out of the weather.
Hope all your birds survived it allright , this has been a rough winter in so many areas-more so than usual.
kat
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quote

they all survived just beautifully. Once they started walking around and shaking their feathers the ice all fell off. Yes I do feel bad for them.... they have a barn they can get into... they just choose not to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS