Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Winter Feeding
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health Goto page Previous  1, 2    
featherhead
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:09 am Reply with quote

Hi babypeas - congratulations - at 6 months old, your babies are all grown up.

They shouldn't have any problems eating whole corn or grower pellets, or whole peanuts. (Mine love peanuts.) They also like raisins a lot. When I give them a mixture of dried fruits, each bird has their favorite. The oldest male picks out the mango first, the oldest hen goes for the coconut, and their daughter looks for the pineapple. So much fun.

Has it been to cold to work on the pea palace?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Hey guys, been offline for a while but was worried that my peas wern't eating well! then my brother-in-law bought a BS male and female from a "professional" breeder my boys are so much heathier I could'nt believe it! needless to say the BS's are in my green house since they had no shelter for them! they were just going to turn them loose in a 140 acre fenced elk enclosure, not on my watch! I don't need another male but what could I do, the owner is a procrasitnator so they'll be around awhile, I'm feeding mine a mix of scratch grains(cracked corn,whole buckwheat,sunflower,whole oats and grit)layer pellets and since thier in with the horses what ever they drop(they get whole spelts, beet pulp and a 12% protien molasses sweet feed)plus frozen veggies and peanuts and they are healthy and happy. Suzy
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health Goto page Previous  1, 2