Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Hello From Australia
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions Goto page Previous  1, 2    
NevC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quote

No, am not familiar with Featherpark.

I am from country Victoria.

What is Featherpark?
featherhead
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quote

Featherpark is a bird sanctuary in New South Wales. They have a most unusual pied peacock, and I was wondering if you lived near there. I've never been to Featherpark but have seen photos of this bird and think he's amazing.

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote

Jeanna wrote:
Hi,

You can find the oral 10% baytril at www.allbirdproducts.com Telephone number is 888-588-3892. They have a nice selection of medications and supplements. Best to keep in the fridge out of light, and keep cap on tightly. One thing about baytril solution is that it gets contaminated easily so bear that in mind when putting droppers in and out of the solution.
When I use it I use a sterile syringe or disposable pipette to draw out what I think I need being careful not to touch it with anything else with it and then put the cap back on and put it back in the fridge. Disposable transfer pipettes are nice, or you can pour it into a small graduated cylinder measuring the amount you need.

I also keep on hand the 22.7 mg baytril tabs. They can be crushed and mixed with a small amount of light Karo syrup (approx. 3-4 mLs). The typical dose of the tabs for one peafowl is one 22.7 mg tab twice a day for 5-7 days.

Great, thanks for the info. Jeanna ! Do you get the tabs from them also ?
The contamination possibility per the solution I worry about.
Jeanna
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quote

Hi Burdgurl,

You are welcome! No, I get the baytril tabs from my vet. We worked together for several years, and we have also been friends for quite a while so he keeps us pretty well taken care of. (feel very lucky in that respect). Wink
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions Goto page Previous  1, 2