Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Hi Yall from Georgia
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions     
tpope

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quote

Newbie here with all kinds of questions and ideas. We are fact finding before getting our feet into the water so to speak.

We have about 15 years experience with parrots/cage birds. Currently have about 25 pairs set up.

I grew up snatching hen fruit from under grand parent breeder chickens. We expanded to a hog operation and raised cattle. In short, I have farm blood. The wife married into it knowingly.

We look forward to new info and hope to be able to provide some input as to things that work for us.
featherhead
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quote

Welcome, tpope. Lots of Q&A going on here and we sure look forward to hearing from you. I learn something new every day from this site. You might want to answer the poll question under "General Discussion", where readers are logging the number of peafowl they have. The numbers are interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quote

Polls with this type of PHP board generally allow one to vote only once. I am afraid that I might skew the votes if I vote now. While we have no peafowl now, we may jump in with both feet at once. Thanks for the welcome!
barracuda
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina
We have been into peafowl about 1 1/2 years now and learned so much from this forum and joining the UPA has givin me tons of information on getting started from top experts.
Hope to hear more from you!!
Wayne
:egg
Yahoo Messenger
tpope

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome barracuda. I am here to learn and maybe I can add some knowledge from our prior experiences with our parrots.

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions