Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Hi from Georgia (state not country)
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions     
Watson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Hey,

Just joined the group and have enjoyed the discussion posts. Y'all have been very helpful. I got our first pair of 18 months ago (mom is Java Green pied, dad is India Blue pied) and they hatched their first two chicks in June. They sure are cute! We added to the poultry inventory with a flock of heirloom chickens located on the other side of the property -- they are Salmon Faverolles -- Santa Claus chickens.

Thanks in advance for the guidance.
bcraft

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!!!! and just a little info. your Java Pied, would really be a Spalding Pied. As pure Java dont come in pieds. Your two peachick will be spalding also. Spalding are birds cross of the blues and greens. So birds from green & blue are all spalding.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the genetic info and the info on when to think about moving the babies. I'm still learning!
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions