Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Howdy from the South West
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions     
Sonoita
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quote

I am a Mom, Rancher, Wife, Gardener, & Physical Therapist in that order. We have a small spread in southern AZ near the boarder of Mexico in the Mountains ~ 5300' elevation...paradise! So nice to be here on the ranch I had to close my practice. We compete in Team Penning & Ranch Sorting with our horses, and I dabble with chickens, and now Peas. I've discovered how much I enjoy sitting in the pen with the peas hearing them hum, and watching them interact. I look forward to learning and experiencing the world of Peafowl.
Cheers
Bridgett run
Oh, yeah, I have '05 cock blackshoulder w/25% opal, '06 hen spalding w/cameo, 2 -'08 purples, '08 purple pied, '08 cock IB, '08 cock IB from a cock who is 'white flight'.
Not sure what all this means yet, but am looking forward to the journey!

bcraft

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote

First welcome to the forum,and the world of the peafowl.

Looks like you have few to start with. Not sure you said you had a spalding hen w/cameo?? Is she a cameo spalding? Hens can NOT be split to Cameo,Purple or Peach,as these are sex link colors.

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quote

Burt - Thank you for the welcome. Funny you should say that about sex linked color, I was studying the genetics forum all morning! She is 5/8 spalding, 3/8 blackshoulder, & 1/8 cameo, so the cameo is very buried in her genetics, but if I am understanding the genetic correctly, they will not resurface....correct?

bcraft

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quote

Only the males can carry the sex link colors hidden. So your hen carry nothing with Cameo.

Enjoy the forum, need help with anything just ask. Lots of great people here to help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions