Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  out of state breeders?
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Forum Information Goto page Previous  1, 2    
jadobber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:07 am Reply with quote

Hi there,

The easiest AND most effective is to buy heated blankets. I use single size for roost. The roost that I use in these particular pens are 6 inches across...I fold the blanket in half and then wrap it around the roost tightly...Then I duck tape just the edges..Then I wrap an old sheet around that as you really don't want the blanket itself getting all dirty..Duck tape that down and you are all set...This is cheaper and more effective than heated water tape that is sold.......As most of that is on a thermostat..This you can control..And have constant heat if you want..Which if you have pure Javas in any of the sub species you will need constant heat on them..,,,depending on where you live. This works great (provided of course the bird will actually roost)---I had some Javas last winter that I found out too late were not roosting..For some reason many of my birds do not roost when it is really cold but perfer the nice bedded ground..A hugh problem with javas..A heated building would work much better but so far I just do not have one......Julie
bcraft

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:45 am Reply with quote

http://www.hopkinslivestock.com/building_a_heated_roost.htm

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote

oh wow, great ideas-thanks for sharing guys !
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Forum Information Goto page Previous  1, 2