Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Posting Photos for Avatar
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Forum Information     
Jeanna
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:07 am Reply with quote

Hi Kat,

Got a question regarding avatars.

I tried replacing my avatar with another, I downsized 5 various photos. Some down sized 10 times to where the photo was so tiny you could not see it. Or it distorted the pic so bad it was too blurry. Down within size that should have been acceptable.

Worked on it so long I got tired and decided to replace it with the old one I just deleted.

Now it will not take that one either, keeps telling me over and over it is too big, just like the others.

I also reset, and tried several approaches.

Has the size been changed?

I was wondering since now it will not accept the one I have had for over 8 months.

Or I have I been working on this so long, since it is after 2 AM, that I am delirious? Embarassed

Thank you for your time,
Jeanna
Jeanna
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quote

Hello Kat,

I just logged on and tried my old avatar again, and it accepted right away. Rolling Eyes

Do not really know why, maybe because I did get some sleep (ha). If I have time today I will try some of the others I tried early this AM.

But did notice one other thing, the previous pics that I have posted in some past posts of mine, such as pics of my peachicks this year and under purples. Those photos are gone.

If you have time maybe you can check this out to see if I really am correct about those.

Thank you,

~Jeanna~
kat
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote

LOL glad you got it working.

My life recently has become crazy. too many projects and not enough time... I have LOTS of criters demanding my time....and I cant seem to tell people NO when they ask me for help with their animals... Im bording dogs for 2 households, feeding cows for one neighbor, and driving to long island to pick up a bunch of peacocks from a guy that just filed for divorce and can no longer keep the birds......

My point to this is.... next week I'll lock myself in my room with a tall drink and try to work on the site. Very Happy

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Hello Kat,

No problem, take care of those critters. They are the important ones. Laughing

Just remember to take care of yourself too, so you can take care of more critters tomorrow and the next days. Which I know is easier said than done most times.

I just had some spare time (rare occasion) late last night and got to toying around wanting to change my avatar and ran into the problem. Isn't it funny how spare time can get us into trouble? (sorry).

Take your time, and maybe drink two of those tall drinks. Wink

~Jeanna~
JenniferB
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quote

I am sorry if I am budding in here and getting off topic, but...

Jenna...I just have to know what color those adorable peachicks are?

Kat...How wonderful that u can help out someone and his birds and how great for you to stumble across them. Wish I could Laughing Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Jeanna
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:54 pm Reply with quote

Hello Jennifer,

The chick on the left is Blue Silver Pied male, and the middle and right chicks are both female Black Shoulder Blue Silver Pied.

They were our first three to hatch this year, they are now already twice that size.
Cute little guys aren't they? We have a lot fun with them. Actually all the peafowl.

It is also nice the whole family enjoys them, even my parents, brother and his family. My four year old niece has said ever since she could talk her favorite animal is a Peacock. It is the first thing everyone wants to do when they come out to the farm.

Even where I work, they are intrigued about them. Always bombarded with questions, and everyone wanting to see photos. And bringing the babies in for everyone to see.

I am sure you have found that out yourself.

Thanks for noticing the babies. And the best of luck with your chicks. Laughing

Jeanna
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Forum Information