Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Hello from Southeastern Ontario
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions     
AeronMom

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quote

Hi-I'm in Southeastern Ontario; but a temporarily transplanted American from Pennsylvania. I'm fairly new to peacocks and we are having our first eggs this spring. The peahen is sitting now and I'm very excited. This is the first year the hens have laid; and we debated whether to natural or incubate hatch....

We have one mature male india blue ; Aeron who is about 6 yrs old and rescued three years ago from the humane society. He has 2 lady friends Lucy and Ethel.

Can anyone direct me to a website that has descriptions of the different types of peacocks and characteristics etc. I would love to get a few more different birds but dont know what to look for. We let them out to free-range; but now that they are sitting; we have the pen closed for predators. If I get other varieties; can they all free range together and will they interbreed ? I understand the males will set up terretories ?

Lots of questions for a fairly newbie.... we also have a variety of chickens, 2 african geese, rollers and frizzle pigeons, 2 black clydesdales and raise working german shepherds.

I was glad to find this website Smile

Thanks.. Rose
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote

Rose. Try going to the UPA web site, you can find a lot of information on peafowl and see the photos. Also go the the links page and visit the members web sites for more info. Please consider joining the UPA. you will get 6 issues of a nice publication on peafowl. Tell them George sent you. We will have a peafowl convention this year in WI. possible close to you. More info on this on the web site. You will see most of all of the colors that are in peafowl today. Good luck. George...connerhills farm
featherhead
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:14 am Reply with quote

Hi Rose
Congratulations on your first eggs. Exciting, isn't it?

I'll ditto what George said about the UPA website. When I started with peafowl several years ago, I found a treasure of information on www.peafowl.org Between this website and the helpful members I called, every question was answered. I think you will find it equally educational.

Welcome, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions