Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  What am I, nutz?
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion     
kat
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quote

2 weeks ago I had a man come to see my birds. He has a few and just wanted to see some different varities. While he was here he fell in love with my emerald spaldings.... pointed out a hen and said he'd love to have her. She isnt for sale so I didnt take his comment too seriously. Then we move to some different pens and he noticed my 2 year old Emerald white male. The man loved him and wanted to buy him.... sorry hes not for sale. He then said "name your price". He continued to barter with me over the male and then said. I'll give you $600 for that green hen and this white male. I declined. Its breeding season and I have big plans for that white male, and I doubt I could replace him very easilly, and my green hens are too nice to part with this close to breeding season.
The man left very dissapointed. But, this week he called me and offered me $800 for the 2 birds. I still turned him down. I am well aware that I couldnt sell the birds for $400 each on eggbid. But I just dont want to sell them.... Am I crazy for turning down this offer?

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote

Not in my opinion... Wink If someone offered me $10,000 for my Eggbert I would turn them down... Shocked There are some things in this world money can't buy. Smile

mspeacockman
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote

I totally agree with FarmerGreen, some things are just not for sale. I have a guy who bothers me consantly for several of my birds. I won't name him a price because I am afraid he is crazy enough to pay it. Although if he was to catch me gone and talk to my wife he could probably buy them all really cheap! DON'T ANYONE GET ANY IDEAS!

GOOSE HOLLOW FARMS
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion