Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Homing
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Housing     
Jan MO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quote

I have 28 guinea fowl and two 1 yr. old peahens into which I introduced a 3 yr. old Indian Blue peacock two weeks ago. They are all getting along fine, although the peacock still walks away from me when I enter the pen. My guineas and peahens have been free roaming, but I've kept them all penned up in an effort to "establish" the peacock so he'll come back when released. How long do you think is the minimum time to keep them all penned up? The guineas and peahens are really wanting out
DMFarms
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:52 pm Reply with quote

Jan I would leave them pen atleast a month longer if you can to get him use to his new home
Jan MO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quote

Thanks for your recommendation! I'll try to keep them in longer. The peacock is getting more used to me, the pen, and the guineas. Jan
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Housing