Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Redwood Incubator
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Classifieds     
JenniferB
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:14 am Reply with quote

James Mfg. Company redwood incubator model # 2940 for sale. At least 6' tall, holds 2,940 chicken eggs. When I purchased this, there was a piece of paper on a few trays that said it had 252 pheasant eggs in one tray. Each tray has separators to adjust the size for any size egg. It can hold up to 12 trays, a few are missing, but can be easily built or purchased. I have found a parts dealer. There are two hatching trays in the top. It is manual turning. You turn each tray, not each egg. It has been sitting in a barn for over 10 years and the man I purchased it from said he used them for 35 years and he bought them used. He hatched 10,000 pheasant eggs in it each season. I have the manual but unfortunately there is no copyright date or anything in it. This model was built from the 1940's to the 1960's. The company still manufactures incubators today. I have cleaned it up a bit and it does run and heat well. I actually purchased two of these at the same time. One I am currently using and I have had very good success with it. I have pheasant, duck, goose, chicken, bantum chicken and peafowl eggs in it all at the same time. I have never had this great a hatch rate in any other type of incubator! I will never use anything other than a redwood incubator again. I only received one manual so you will be getting a copy if interested.

Please email pbj0206@gvtel.com or call 218-776-2472 with any questions. I have more pictures I can email you.

Here are some pictures of the one I am currently using, the one for sale is the same except it does not have the turning knobs on the side. They were designed to hook together and turned together, but you can easily just pull the lever by hand.

Silversun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:00 am Reply with quote

Hi 👋
I live in WA and just came home from Bemidji MN.
Visiting family.
Must have been close to you.
What are you asking for this?
Karen
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Classifieds