Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Starting a peafowl business
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion     
nevsma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:03 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I have been raising peafowl for over 20 years, and I currently have a flock of about 20 breeder birds. This is a hobby for me, but I am wondering about starting it as a legit business, maybe an LLC or something else. It would allow me to do tax writeoffs, and maybe become a tax exempt hobby farm. I am wondering what anyone else has done. I see lots of people with farm names on advertisements, and I am curious if they just made up a farm name and started advertising, or if they filled out the forms to become a legit (with the government) hobby farm or business. I feel that if I want to advertise as a farm name, I need to be legit with the government. Any hints from people that have done this? Has anyone done this?
D C T
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote

The lack of replies should tell you something :wow
I have been involved in hatching and raising peafowl since 1988 and will have to tell you
what Mark Twain said
"Never invest your money in anything that eats" Rolling Eyes

But they are wonderful creatures Cool

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote

In high school I just made a farm name, website, and did a bit of advertising in the UPA magazine. I am super small though so it really is a hobby. I only have seven peafowl and this year I wasn't allowed to do any hatching haha.
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » General Discussion