Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  2016 - General Update on UPA
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » UPA Club Info     
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote

Hello everyone! It certainly has been a while since I have posted on this forum, let alone started a brand new topic!

When I first joined this forum back in 2009, I did not have peafowl just yet, and I was so new and eager to learn. This forum helped me grow and learn and I soon got my first pair of peafowl. Fast forward to now and I am one of the UPA board members and I am the UPA's Peafowl Today Magazine Editor. My journey has taken me all over, but I appreciate this forum for giving me a wonderful head start to my journey! Now I am back to share with you all a general overview of what is going on in the UPA currently.

2016 UPA Convention
I will probably make a new topic to talk more about this year's convention specifically, but this year the convention will be in Florida again. The convention will be September 8-10 at SeaSpray condos in Fort Walton Beach FL. We will be visiting Rocking B-A-B Ranch as well as Phil Phillips and the UPA may even visit me. We will have at least three talks - one by Phil again and a talk about taking photos of peafowl by me. As is traditional with every convention we will have a wonderful auction where many amazing peafowl items will be auctioned off. If you cannot attend the convention you can still be involved by sending in something for the auction. If you have way too many peafowl items at home this is a good chance to get rid of some of your stash. The Peafowl Today Magazine will continue to update readers on the convention so keep an eye out for that.

UPA Board of Directors
First of all, our president right now is Danny Potente. The Vice President is Loretta Smith (she is also the Membership & General person). I am also a board member as well as the Editor. The Treasurer is Craig Hopkins. Our Secretary is Joshua Flach. Finally our webmaster is Luke Smith.
* We do need more help though so if you are interested in becoming a board member please contact us and you will most likely have to be interviewed for the position. Currently we really need someone who works well with Microsoft Office Excel.

Peafowl Today Magazine
I recently became the Magazine Editor and I have been working on improving the magazine. Our magazine is now in full color and I make it a point to try and include photos with each article to make everything more visually interesting. I am a graphic design major and I have professors overseeing my work on the magazine giving me feedback on how to improve. The UPA President, Mr. Potente, owns his own art company so he too works closely with me to improve the magazine. Anyone is allowed to submit an article and/or photos to the magazine and you can also advertise in the magazine. We have had some trouble getting the magazine out in time, but we are all learning here so we are certainly working on getting things out in time and we are constantly improving not just the magazine but other aspects of the UPA.

Membership
We have been gaining new members in the UPA. Our membership cost has also changed so some of the old information shown on this forum that talks about costs is outdated. We will work on changing that but right now it is $30 a year for US members and for Canada and Overseas it is $75 a year.

I will update this more as I remember more things to talk about, but right now I must head to one of my college classes! Thank you everyone for your time and I hope if you are not already a UPA member you will consider joining and getting involved!

Kind Regards,
Alea Kittell
Peachick Grammie
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote

I think I might have overlooked renewing my membership because we have been traveling quite a bit. How can I renew?

MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote

You can renew your membership here:
http://unitedpeafowlassociation.org/become-a-member/

The first option is you can pay your membership through PayPal or you can send a check to the Vice President Loretta Smith. The info for sending your check to Loretta is at the bottom of the page I linked to.
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » UPA Club Info