Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Egg turning hardware
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Incubation, Hatching, and Peachick care     
Peabrain

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:26 am Reply with quote

I am looking for the best solution to the problem of turn eggs during incubation. From what I have read the off the shelf automatic egg turners (or tilters) do not do a good enough job.
I don't mind making the initial investment of a good incubation system for peafowl if only I knew what to buy (for peafowl). I don't what to make the novice mistake of buying something and then having to again buy what I realy need in the first place. I am not in the bussiness of selling livestock but want my venture to be sustainable. I need some help from someone who has been there or doing it and willing to point me in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Peabrain

Scott Cone 404-375-8995

Milner, Georgia

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:19 am Reply with quote

There are so many diff. incubators out there it will be up to you to judge what will work best for you.
Personally I use a cabinet style GQF with an auto tuner, turns eggs every 3 hours 45 degrees.
I also Hand turn the eggs 180 in addition to that 2x a day, the extra turning is said to help and I have good hatches.
One of the main factors I would consider in an incubator is getting one with forced air, good air flow/exchange is critical for a good hatch.
Good luck in your venture !
Peabrain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:47 am Reply with quote

I really appreciate the reply. If I may ask about how much $$ do you have invested in you incubation effort?

Thanks again,

Scott Cone Question

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote

Scott,

I bought my cabinet style gqf's over 20 years ago for around $ 600.00 each back then.
Over the years they have more than paid for themselves.
You also have to factor in other things such as the electricity to run them, distilled water to buy for the water pans, etc.

You may want to search classified ads such as Craigslist, etc. , many times you can find a decent incubator at a bargain price.
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Incubation, Hatching, and Peachick care