Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Post Pictures of Your Charcoal Peafowl
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS     
Blue Creek Farm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:32 am Reply with quote

I am looking into getting Charcoal peafowl. I have seen them in person, but I love seeing pictures of peafowl! I would really appreciate it if you could post pictures of your charcoal peafowl in any pattern. If you have anything to say about Charcoal peafowl then please go ahead.
Thanks
Arbor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote

The charcoal birds are beautiful, but they do come with their challenges. Hens most often don't lay eggs (though I have heard that Brad Legg has produced some spalding charcoal hens that have produced fertile eggs). This means you have to work with splits, and that produces only about 50% charcoal offspring, of which I've heard males are few to come by sometimes. They are generally short lived birds (7 years or so?), at least that is what I have heard. As with most colours, I prefer the Blackshoulder variety, making it even harder to come by if you start with barred wing. Hope this helps. I do know of at least one breeder in NY that does breed them.
Blue Creek Farm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:07 am Reply with quote

You may be referring to Rich Stein. I did see all of his Charcoal peafowl, but I was not really paying attention to them on my last trip... Luckily for me he has great birds in nice patterns like Charcoal WE and Charcoal BS. I just got an Opal WE peacock last night so I am not sure if I want to take on Charcoals just yet. Pictures are still welcome.
Alizey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote

I have some pix of my charcoal peafowl. But I do not know the method of showing images on the thread. If anyone knows, tell me in details.
Hope you will help me.
boston bus tour
bus from washington dc to boston
Blue Creek Farm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:48 am Reply with quote

I do not know yet, so I would be learning with you. Can someone explain to us how to post pictures?
connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote

I think he only way to post a photo is to go through another photo service, but I am sorry I don't know how to do it. George
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » PHOTOS