Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Toes turning black! HELP!
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health Goto page Previous  1, 2    
JenniferB
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote

I guess that makes sense...but at the same time, the lobster is trapped...the bird isn't. I still find it odd...

D C T
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote

Confused Perhaps they do not want to jump or fly in the dark.
I suspect that they feel pain much like we do but humans
do stay asleep in burning houses, too Shocked

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote

Anyone ever fell asleep next to a space heater? I have and woke up with a burn in the morning. It could be just as was posted, slow heating leading to the slow but deep burn.
Desert Wind
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:56 am Reply with quote

Perhaps for safety, a person should use a thermal cube when using heat tape , that way when the temp. on the roost gets warm it shuts off and come back on when the Temp. Drops in temp . Did you ever find a use for yours George?

UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote

Ok, here are some recent pics....Looks like he is doing better. He is walking around better and actually walking half way normal. I have unplugged the heat tape and will get rid of it this summer.

Sorry about the poopy feet....I'm glad to see it though. Means he has been walking around. Smile He still isn't going outside the hut though. Looks like he has already lost the end of one toe but may not have been from heat tape.
I was so cautious...once the tape was working I would feel the roost and even sit on it to see if it was hot. Was always warm but never hot. I have a light on 24/7 for them in the hut as well as a low sodium yard light just outside the hut.
I will put an article together but it may take a while...between the chicken, peafowl, goats and horses I'm pretty busy. Oh! and work. LOL
He appears to be losing more feathers too....I just wormed them with ivomec (3 times 10 days apart) Maybe just pain/nerves?

I'll keep updating as things change. With any luck I may have cought it in time.
Thank you everyone! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote

What if you get one with a thermostat? I live in OK and I am getting a Java Green Peacock> we do get cold here and I can't afford for him to get cold! :jawdrop

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Yes I did Desert Wind. I have them in a few places .. I put one in my Daughters well house to save her on electricity. There was a bunch of good stuff in those bags. Sorry I am a little late with my reply... Been getting down some :00ps
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health Goto page Previous  1, 2