Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  New member from Central VA
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions     
peanamored

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:34 pm Reply with quote

Hi All,

I stumbled across this site while searching for info on determining gender of my newly acquired peafowl. I have three youngsters, about 4 months old. They have been here a couple of weeks and were not handled much (if at all) by the woman I got them from. She raises chickens and was given these as payment for hatching out some eggs for someone.

I believe them to be India Blues, but she wasn't positive. They are taming up somewhat (at least they are not fighting as much when I handle them!) and I look forward to many years with them. I have them in a brooder box temporarily while I get their enclosure finished...rain and hubby's health have slowed that down a bit, but having the peas in a small area has also made it easier to handle them more.

I look forward to learning much from you all! There seems to be a wealth of knowledge here...something that I am grateful for! I have always admired peafowl and wanted some of my own. Now I that dream has taken flight! Very Happy

connerhills
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote

We hope you continue to enjoy them and get all of the help you need to do that. This site is not real active at times but a few people will not let you set alone... right D C.. Thanks George
MinxFox
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:57 am Reply with quote

Welcome to the site and to peafowl!

Peafowl are very fun to raise and you have to watch out about becoming addicted to getting new varieties of them! For many people they start off with a pair and then end up with several breeding pens and several different varieties such as pieds, bronze, purples, etc.

I found it funny recently how one lady had 2 peafowl show up to her yard and so she penned them and now she has built many pens for peafowl and has bought many different varieties (and is talking of getting more and also getting into other kinds of pheasants).
D C T
UPA Forum Moderator
UPA Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote

anjali14 wrote:
This site is not real active at times but a few people will not let you set alone...

YOU COPIED CONNERHILL'S POST AND THEREFORE THIS IS ONE OF THOSE TIMES
THAT "PEOPLE WILL NOT LET YOU ALONE".
D C T--THIS POULTRY ORTHOPEDIST WILL GET YOU STRAIGHTENED OUT
gaah

Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Introductions