Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Peafowl Ivermectin dosing
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health     
isuperman35

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote

What dosing do I need? I have two six month old peahens. Have Ivermectin (1% cattle/swine injectable) and want to mix in water. I have checked "Peafowl" threads and several of the worming threads. Still confused....Would appreciate your thoughts on the dosing numbers. Thanks
Dylan's Mom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:25 am Reply with quote

Hi there! We pull all water for about 12 hours before dosing, so they are good and thirsty. We use 3cc/3ml, of ivermectin per gallon of water. Leave this down for 2 days and then repeat it all again in 10 days. Others may do ivermectin differently, but this seems to work for us. We do ivermectin maybe once a year and then use fenbendazole(safeguard cattle) 2-3 times, because it is also effective and costs less than ivermectin. Hope this helps. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Which Ivermectin do you put in the water? The injectable or the pour on? Thanks
Cory

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:08 am Reply with quote

Keep in mind, ivermectin does not readily dissolve in water. I normally place a few drops on the skin of wing web or the underside of the wing. It is absorbed in that manner. Your liquid fenbendazol will definitely mix in a water solution as well as tylan Smile

Happy Health !!!

Hello kidz !!! I am new to raising peafowl, I have been around agriculture all my life and always desired to raise Peafowl. I am just moving back from the Upper East Side of NYC and am ready to get back to what I love! AGRICULTURE!
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Health